Facts at a glance
Alternative Networks provides IT solutions to businesses in the UK, from device to datacentre. We understand our clients’ needs and provide a broad range of IT technology and telecommunications solutions, underpinned by outstanding service.
Key milestones in Alternative Networks’ evolution
- 1994 Established 1994
- 2001 Mobile networks provider (O2 and Vodafone)
- 2005 AIM listed
- 2005 acquisition of ICB
- 2007 acquisition of Echo Communications – PBX/systems
- 2009 acquisition of Aurora Kendrick James (AKJ) – software development and complex billing solutions
- 2010 acquisition of Scalable Communications – data and IP networking
- 2012 launch of Synapse – unique industry leading customer portal
- 2014 acquisition of InterceptIT – cloud-based solutions and virtualisation
- 2014 acquisition of ControlCircle – complex managed hosting and cloud-based services
- 2015 opening of Group Headquarters at 240 Blackfriars Road, London
- 2015 complete integration of ControlCircle and Intercept IT brands under ‘Alternative’ name
The Group has remained true to its tried and tested strategy of delivering growth organically and through acquisitions of ‘right fit’ companies, to become the leading IT managed services provider for UK businesses.
The Group’s criteria for acquisitions are as follows:
- targets must be successful, growing, highly cash generative and profitable;
- they need to have customers that provide cross selling opportunities for the Group;
- they need to be earnings enhancing in the first year if ownership.
Alternative’s 2014 acquisitions of InterceptIT and Control Circle demonstrate the Group’s commitment to these strict standards.
The Group continues to focus successfully on the following four key factors for continued organic growth:
- winning larger customers in the SME space and targeting enterprise customers;
- using service and Synapse to drive our customer retention across the wider product set;
- cross selling and up selling of products across our customer base;
- product development and innovation to increase value to our customer base.