Financial FAQs

General information

When is your year end?
Our year end is 30th September. A trading statement is usually announced in September, followed by Preliminary results in December.

When is your half year end?
Our half year end is 31st March. A trading statement is usually announced in March, followed by Interim results in June.

How can I order a copy of the Annual Report & Accounts?
You can view and download all our reports and accounts. Alternatively you can email us


Who are your registrars?
Capita Registrars are our registrars. They can be contacted on 020 8639 1287, or at The Registry, 34 Beckenham Road, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 4TU.

What do the registrars do?
Capita Registrars keeps a register of names and addresses of shareholders and the number of shares held. The Registrar also issues dividend cheques and share certificates. You should inform the Registrar of any change of details using the forms available.

When are dividends paid?
Dividends are usually paid in February and July.

How will I receive my dividend?
We can pay dividends directly into your bank account or send a cheque.

What is your dividend policy?
The Board is committed to a progressive dividend policy taking account of the underlying long-term earnings growth of the Company.

Any dividends will be subject to the availability of sufficient distributable reserves and cash, taking into account the Company’s working capital requirements. See dividend information for more dividend information.

How can I change the method of payment?
A change in the method of payment must be sent in writing to Capita Registrars, quoting the relevant bank account details and using the mandate form.

How can I change personal details?

Change of Name

Regarding notifications of a change of shareholder name please contact Capita Registrars and send the original or a duly certified copy of the appropriate legal documentation e.g marriage certificate, deed polls, certificates of incorporation of change of name etc.

Change of Address

Please complete a change of address form and post it to Capita Registrars.

What can I do if I have lost my share certificate?
You must write to Capita Registrars informing them of the lost certificate. They will cancel your certificate and issue a replacement.

What can I do if I lose my dividend cheque?
You must contact Capita Registrars in writing and they will send you a replacement. Please be advised there may be a small administration fee.


How much are my shares worth?
Our latest share price information is available on the London Stock Exchange website.

Where are your shares traded?
Alternative’s shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM.

Who is your Nominated advisor?
Investec Securities.

How can I buy shares?
There is a variety of services available to buy shares such as a share dealing service, bank or through a stockbroker.

How can I sell my shares?
There is a variety of services available to sell your shares such as a share dealing service or through a stockbroker.

How can I transfer shares into another person’s name?
Complete the stock transfer form and post, with your share certificate, to Capita Registrars.